Tuesday, April 3, 2012

2 months

Took Katie in for her two-month check today and she got great marks! Katie now weighs 9 lbs, 13 oz -- which puts her right around the 25th percentile. She's 21.75 inches long and that's pushed her into almost the 50th percentile for height. Yay for growth!
The doctor said she looks good, healthy and happy. We need to work more on tummy time since Katie was a stinker and wouldn't lift her head up while we were at the appt. Ellie seems to want to help on that front... when I snuck away to the bathroom yesterday afternoon Ellie all of the sudden appeared to tell me that she put Katie on her belly. What?! I didn't hear any screaming coming from the next room, but sure enough when I ran out to check on Katie I found her squirming around on her playmat tummy-side-down. I explained to Ellie that mommy or daddy needs to be there to help with tummy rolling (especially to protect those little arms), but it's sweet to see Ellie want to play with Katie.
Katie has given out a few smiles in recent weeks. I think I found a couple tickle spots on her sides :) She's still sleeping like a champ (knock on wood!) and giving us a 5-6 hour stretch after we put her down most nights. The evening hours are presenting us with some fussy time in the past week or so. Not sure I'd call it colic, but Katie seems to get to the end of her rope most days around 7 p.m. and just wants to be rocked and patted constantly. But she's generally just a wonderfully chill, cheerful baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment