1. Table food. She's eating more and more "real" food. So far it's squash, sweet potato, peas, applesauce, bananas and carrots, along with rice cereal and oatmeal.
2. Sitting up and reaching for things. Katie mastered sitting up a while back, but with her grabby ways she's also had to develop some core muscles so she doesn't topple over when reaching for toys. This also comes in handy when Katie decided to go after Ellie's toys and gets a firm shove from sister...
3. Rolling and a tiny, tiny bit of scooting. No real progress on the crawling front, but at least Katie gets around a little bit when on her belly or back.
4. Taking off socks and shoes. I'm trying to help keep those feet warm now that the weather is turning, but Katie immediately wiggles out of socks and shoes. Sigh.
5. Improving her grab. She's also experimenting with Puffs at meal times and while she's not gotten the "pincer" grab quite yet, Katie's pretty good at getting ahold of some things. She was getting pretty mad this morning, though, when she put her whole hand in her mouth and didn't realize to let go of the puff so she could eat it...
6. Long hair. I think we might actually get the ends of those beautiful curls trimmed soon! She's such a cutie :)
7. Jabbering in the middle of the night. Katie is a great sleeper, for the most part, but in recent weeks she's been waking up and randomly talking (loudly) around 3-4 a.m. This is especially problematic because she's now sharing a room with Ellie. (More on that later...)
8. Yelling when Brian or I go out of sight. I think Katie is getting into more of a phase of demanding attention. She's still pretty happy to be held by other people, but around the house if Brian or I set her down and try to work on other things she'll often get mad.
9. Playing with toys. At school and at home she loves to sit by baskets full of toys and pull them out, play around with them and then try to eat them...