Friday, May 4, 2012

Feeling better

It's been a pretty good week! And I love these girls!!
We packed a lot of fun into the past few days, with a couple trips to the zoo and a picnic in the park and a bus trip over to visit Brian at work. Lots of fun and less time spent in the office adds up to a much less frenzied mom.
I'm feeling much more positive -- and even a little better rested -- than I did a few days back when I sent out a rambling "what is going on?!" post into the blogosphere. I really appreciate the feedback I got from friends and family, especially hearing from moms who are also juggling multiple kids and feeling the same frustrations and growing pains.
I got a special treat last night, too... a nearly full night of uninterrupted sleep! For the first time in three months I didn't get up in the middle of the night with Katie. Brian flew solo with her all night so I could sleep. And even though I woke up a bit disoriented in the middle of the night (Where's the baby?) and then started to feel uncomfortably full (need to nurse Katie!) by early morning... it was SO nice to get some extra, irresponsible sleep :) Hey, there's got to be some silver lining to the whole need to supplement Katie with some formula anyway! I'm not passing off nighttime duties to Brian or anything, but I appreciate so much that he can fill in every once in a while on the PM shift. Everything seems better when you get some extra sleep.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment