Monday, September 3, 2012
Can't believe our little one is turning 7 months today. But we're also so proud of the talking, sitting, eating and playing Katie is doing! Just like Ellie, she's a smart cookie. Here's her top 10 at 7 months:
1. Loves sitting up, hates lying down. Ever since Katie mastered it a few weeks back, she hates just about anything except sitting up. We love to involve her more in play and meal times, but we still have to be careful with her pukeyness...
2. Eating foods. Katie has graduated from baby cereal to veggies. She's a pig fan of sweet potatoes and peas, so far, and will be trying acorn squash this week. Brian and I are getting back into the swing of making the baby food, which is super easy... but requires some advance planning. I also love that B's got it down to a science. Her single serving of peas just requires "22 seconds on high," as Brian informed me the other night. Perfect temp.
3. Putting everything in her mouth. I guess this goes along with the eating thing, but it cracks me up that Katie quickly examines anything she can get ahold of and them promptly tries to put it in her mouth. It's: grab, look, try to eat.
4. Talking, talking, talking. Katie loves to communicate. And even if she's not making noise, her expression often says it all :)
6. Jumping. Katie is still a huge fan of the jump-a-roo we have, and she tries to leap skyward in the exersaucer, too, because the one at school is a combo jumper. Love to see her working those legs :)
7. Still chunking up. Katie isn't pint-sized anymore. As I mentioned earlier, she had to visit the doctor this week for some cold/cough isues, and we found out at that appointment she's up to about 18 lbs, 6 oz, which is almost a pound up from her 6-month checkup. She's growing!
8. Smiling! Katie has this huge grin, and she's not afraid to use it. Despite the cold and sister's poking and our delays in getting across the room to her sometimes... Katie is such a happy girl. Everyone who is around her sees it and notes it. We love, love, love her easy-going nature and just hope it continues.
9. Grabbing. Katie will make reins out of hair, grab skin and claw (if her nails aren't well-trimmed). She's feeling her way into the world, that's for sure.
10. Getting ready for more? I can't help but feel that Katie is on the verge of some serious moving and shaking. I want her to get crawling, sure, but I also know enough from Ellie's launch into mobility to also wish for her to stay put a bit longer. But Katie is so curious about the world that I don't think we have much time. That's OK, though. Love to see our little one learning and growing. Happy 7 months, Katie. XOXOXO