Thursday, February 21, 2013

So many questions

Ellie's curiosity is boundless these days. I am constantly fielding "why" questions from our 3 1/2 year old.
In some ways, I love it. I want her to be excited about learning and understanding everything around her... but it's also daunting and time-consuming.

Just yesterday Ellie hit me with this one while we were driving to school:
Ellie: Oh no, mom! The car is filling with yucky smoke!
Me: What? (then, after looking in rear-view mirror) Oh, that's just your breath showing up because it's so cold.
Ellie: Oh. Why?
Me: Well, the stuff from your breath is freezing as you breathe out, and that makes it show up looking like that.
Ellie: Why?
Me: How bout some music...

I need to brush up on my elementary school science so I can better explain these phenomenons to Ellie.

Love our curious little one, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment