Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy camper

Ellie is just plain fun these days. Well, especially now that she seems to be on the mend from her ear infection. She has fewer fussy times and a lot more random laughter, playing on her own time, exploring new things and getting into all sorts of trouble! It's hard not to laugh when I find her putting her toys -- or tupperware from the cabinets! -- in the kitchen trash can... OK, maybe the laughter doesn't come quite as easy on the 50th time we've told her no. But then she turns and gives us the same "what?... I'm sure I haven't been told not to do this before... I thought I was your cute, sweet angel?" look... and again it's hard not to laugh, or at least smile.
What makes Ellie smile most of the time is Muzzy and Radar. Below, Muzzy was doing some sort of back-scratch or random doggie dance on the floor. Ellie was captivated.
And despite our best efforts all summer to keep Muzzy out of the vegetable garden... she penetrated the "Berlin Wall" we constructed and has been eating green tomatoes all week. I caught her in the act the other day and love her look of innocence in this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment