Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Week 19: Tomato

More to come after tomorrow's ultrasound!! SO excited to see our little one, even if he/she isn't feeling so little in there these days :) I'm up about 10 pounds for the pregnancy so far, which I'm happy with considering I'm almost at the halfway mark. I'm fitting into more of my maternity pants, but some are still too big. I'm sure that will change soon. I've been marveling at the size of my belly recently but I've also been reminding myself that there's so much more to come!

Here's the latest on #2's growth:

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

No comments:

Post a Comment