Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Baking

Cooler temps and fall weather always makes me want to bake. After bringing home a haul of apples from our Michigan trip, I had no choice. In the past week I've made applesauce, apple muffins and apple pie... I thought all of them turned out great but Ellie did not. Our weirdo little girl doesn't like cooked apple chunks so she made gagging noises when trying each of my baked products. Gee, thanks. I guess I can't complain because Ellie will eat veggies and fruit in most forms... but I hope she comes around to mom's baked treats at some point!

Brian and I also got on a bread-making kick recently. We've turned out yummy loaves of honey wheat, rosemary and cinnamon raisin bread so far. I still can't believe how easy it is to do with my mom's old breadmaker machine. We literally just dump the ingredients in and then pull out a loaf a few hours later. Ellie likes the rosemary bread dipped in olive oil! That's her Italian blood, I suppose.
I'm having a lot of fun experimenting with new bread recipes, and we're looking forward to using the machine for pizza and other dough recipes. Such fun :)


1 comment:

  1. If you feel like there's just too much pie in your house, I happen to know of someone who lives nearby who would be willing to remove that.

    ReplyDelete