Thursday, August 27, 2009

The power of sleep

Got some good sleep last night and am feeling like a new woman today. Thanks Brian (and Ellie, for being somewhat cooperative!)
Since Brian is telling most people we meet anyway, I thought I'd share a recent story about the dangers of not getting enough sleep these days. The three of us stopped to do some shopping at Wal-mart the other day and I decided to make a bathroom stop on the way in. I told Brian I'd meet up with him and Ellie in the grocery section.
So I went into the bathroom and chose a stall. I was annoyed to see that the toilet seat was left up for some reason. Using a lot of toilet paper as a "glove," I lowered the seat. Then I turned to hang my purse up, only to find that there were no hooks anywhere in the stall. Can anyone guess where this is going?
Well, I used the facilities... walked out of the stall... and locked eyes with a man using the urinal. That's right. I was in the men's bathroom. Somehow I missed the sign outside AND the urinals on the way in. I blame sleep deprivation. But I've been extra careful since then when going into public restrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment