Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wow

I'm here in the hospital room listening to Brian softly snoring as he dozes with Ellie on his chest. The happiest dad and baby I've ever seen.

I can't believe the whirlwind of the past couple days. In mere moments, our family added a member. At times we're still worried the nurses will make us leave her here in the hospital when we go to leave. How did we get so lucky to be able to take home this precious bundle?
Yes, there are challenges ahead of us. And we're already running low on sleep and energy. But I would happily stay awake for the rest of my life, walk through fire, push for another three hours... whatever it took to be able to hold this little angel and kiss her head. She's already amazing us.
I'll write more later -- and maybe make it less sappy, but no guarantees. I've got to join in nap time while we still have a sleeping baby.
Here are some pics, as promised!

No comments:

Post a Comment