Friday, January 8, 2010

Chubs McGee

I can joke around and give Ellie a nickname like that right now, because she's so little and perfect. I promise I won't give her a body image problem later in life!
But I forgot to update that we learned her current weight at the doctor's appointment Monday. She's up to 16 lbs, 8 oz! Ellie has officially doubled her birth weight, she's wearing some ginormous size 3 diapers and fitting into a whole lot of 6-12 mo clothes... where is our little baby?

Of course, there are advantages to her growth. We saw one of them last night when she slept 11.5 hours straight! I woke up this morning and realized it was after 6:30 a.m. and I hadn't gotten my usual 4:30 wake-up call from Ellie. My first thought was: she's not breathing. But then Brian said he'd heard her playing with the caterpillar on the side of her crib about an hour earlier. I guess her big, full belly carried her through the whole night. What a present to get more than 8 hours of sleep in a row. Of course, she's teased us before with these long sleeping stretches... so I'm not counting on it for too long, but maybe we'll get a few more extended sleep nights on vacation next week. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how big Ellie is getting! Or that she's wearing size 3 diapers! That's the size Lucy wears. Same with the 6-12 month clothes (although lots of the 12 month clothes are still way to big). I think the variability in baby sizes (i.e., the size of the actual baby) is pretty amazing. Lucy has both big and little babies in her daycare class and it's a good reminder about how different each kid is. But good for Ellie for being such a healthy (ear infection and diaper rash not withstanding) little girl and a good sleeper!

    ReplyDelete