Friday, April 16, 2010

The delicate balance

Thanks for all the advice on warm-weather jammies! It's funny how much thought, equipment and energy we put into sleep arrangements for these little ones... but getting those quality zzz's is important :)
Last night we went without the humidifier and just a cotton sleep-sack for Ellie. The temperature seemed to work out, but I forgot to consider the noise factor. She woke up several times because of the extra noise she could hear (without the humidifier on and with windows open in parts of upstairs). I think we'll try to run a fan in her room (not pointing at her crib), to provide some extra white noise. We already run a radio quietly at night, but I think some extra sound will be good to drown out the sounds of us getting ready for bed and our dumb dogs! Muzzy went charging into her room at 10 p.m. last night, banging the door open and waking Ellie up... 90 minutes later I finally got to go to bed myself. (sigh) Sometimes I feel like we actually have 3 children!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for Ellie not being cold, but boo for everything waking her up! Good luck with the fan, I hope y'all find a good balance soon.

    ReplyDelete