Monday, April 19, 2010

A new "do"

One of the ladies at Ellie's day care styled her hair on Friday :) She looks very cute with her first ponytail! And I was even able to recreate it without much fuss on Saturday. It's fun to be able to play with her hair a little more!

We had a very fun and productive weekend at the Wallheimer house. On Saturday, the whole family ran in the Purdue Cancer Center 5K race. Brian pushed Ellie in the stroller and let me try for a new PR, which I got! I finished in 26:50. I was psyched! It was faster than my best time and also way faster than my time (33:04) in the 2009 race... granted I was 6 months pregnant with Ellie at that time...
Brian pointed out that this was actually Ellie's third race, since she did the 5K and a half-marathon with me last year. But this was her first race on the outside! She slept through most of it :) Brian and she finished in 32:51. That was a great time considering he had to push her uphill for the whole second mile and navigate the stroller through the throngs of walkers at the start of the race. We all had a great time! Brian plans to try for a new PR in our next 5K :)

On Sunday, we all got more fresh air. Brian and I put in about 80 border stones in our back yard. We did a bunch while Ellie took her morning nap. And then she came outside and played in the pack-and-play for nearly an hour while we continued to work. I was so happy to see her entertaining herself, scooting around in her playpen and watching the dogs run around the yard. It was an exhausting and satisfying day. We all slept like babies last night.

1 comment: