Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Crazy mom

I had a couple "crazy mom" moments Tuesday... and I'm sure they won't be my last.
Ellie's room at daycare took a field trip to a pumpkin patch. I was super excited about their plan, until I found out that they were going to one in Crawfordsville! (which is about 30 minutes from here!) They had some special activities set up there for the kids, including hay rides and some other stuff, and there really aren't any big ones in Lafayette. So I understand why they went so far away, but it didn't stop me from worrying the whole morning until I was able to see for myself that she did fine on the drive and trip! She's never been driven anywhere by anyone other than family, and usually it's just me or Brian. I hear so many scary stories working at the newspaper that I drive myself nuts worrying about what could happen to Ellie and Brian! But it looks like the pumpkin patch trip was a total success.
On a more humorous note: My other "crazy" moment yesterday was when I decided to literally run down to Ellie's daycare center to pick her up in the early afternoon. The distance is only about 2 miles each way, so I knew the run would be OK. But I didn't immediately think about what I would look like pushing an empty jogging stroller all the way there! I really wanted to know what people were thinking as they drove by me... or maybe I didn't :) I also got a few funny looks from workers at her day care when I walked in all sweaty. Oh well, it was a beautiful day for a run! Ellie and I got to crunch through the leaves on the way home and then had lots of play time the rest of the afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. haha, it reminds me an anecdote. whenever I drop or pick up my son from daycare they make the parents wear this scrub suit (like in hospitals),I don't count anymore the times I left still wearing it and realizing it only once we got home. You can imagine people faces...now every time people look at me I make sure I'm not wearing it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you're crazy for worrying! I would not handle that well at all, and I DO think it's because of my reporting background. That's why I get so upset about my neighbor who won't control her doberman. I did TWO stories on kids getting maimed by dogs while I was a reporter!

    ReplyDelete