Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Plays well with others

I hope that's what can be said of Ellie when she's at day care and in other social settings. It was interesting watching her with Jacob this past weekend. They did pretty well playing alongside each other and "shared" a few toys — although we had to break up a few skirmishes. Jacob is 7 months older than Ellie, so he understands the sharing concept a little better... which meant he often had to forfeit the toy in his hands when Ellie started pitching a fit.
They are super cute together and we're all excited to watch them grow up as friends.
Much to Kris' chagrin, Jacob has a little too much fun playing with Ellie's princess cart and my high heels. (I'm just kidding, by the way... Kris was fine. But Brian was more than happy to snap some pictures of it all.)Ellie and Jacob made up their own version of the corn hole game.

And we set up the backyard/beach tent that Brian's dad sent to Ellie for her birthday. We tried setting it up at the beach in August, but the winds carried it off. We were able to get the stakes into the ground with it on Saturday so it didn't blow away to a different neighborhood!

*** Speaking of playing well with others... Brian and I have been in competitive-mode the past couple days. Our weight loss challenge is getting down to the wire, with only one of the seven months remaining. In advance of the weigh-in this morning, Brian spent some time Monday dehydrating and eating very little. I've been trying very hard all month, but when I realized I couldn't beat him this month... I decided to "play the game," too. I did the opposite of Brian and had a big glass of water before hitting the scale this morning. So when the dust settled, Brian was down 7.7 lbs this month and I was down 2.4 lbs.
I'm pretty psyched that we've each lost about 17 lbs over the past 6 months! Since we've each won 3 months in the challenge so far, the winner of Month 7 will take all. Should be an interesting to see how this plays out over the next few weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment