Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Girls night

Brian was in Indianapolis for work tonight, so Ellie and I were flying solo. We got some errands done this afternoon and then played around the house. I made homemade mac-n-cheese for dinner, a Cooking Light recipe that even has bacon in it! There were peas mixed into the pasta, too... and of course Ellie being the weird baby she is only ate a couple noodles, picked out all of the peas and then started throwing pasta on the floor. (sigh)


She made up for it later, though. I'm not sure if she felt bad because of her dinner antics, or because I had to give up a free ticket to see Snoop Dogg play in town tonight (!!)... but when I sang songs to her while getting her dressed for bed, she applauded after each one. (happy sigh) Sometimes when I start to feel so much like "a mom," I'm reminded of how great it is to be a mom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment