Friday, June 18, 2010

Nashville trip


Ellie finally got to meet her other great-grandma last weekend! Brian, Ellie, my mom and I made a quick trip down to Nashville on Saturday (coming back Sunday) to visit my Uncle Carl and Grandma Schneider, my dad's brother and mom. Grandma recently moved from an assisted living facility in Maryland to one in Nashville, which is great because it's a drive-able distance for a weekend trip. It was still a lot of time on the road... but we're lucky to have a road warrior in Brian, who handled all 12 hours of driving.
Brian also lent his hand as a photographer, capturing the great candid photo (above) of Ellie and her great-grandma looking at one of her books. Below is the requisite four generation photo.


I love this picture of my uncle and Ellie. It was really great to get in a visit with Carl, since we just don't see each other often enough. And he shared some precious photos of my dad and the Schneider family with my mom.
Here's another family photo at Carl's house, which is an awesome historic Nashville structure. We all braved some time out on the porch Saturday night drinking beers, but the 90+ degree temps finally forced us back into the AC!

And even though I (again) didn't get enough pictures of Ellie with her grandma, I did get this cute one of them playing on the floor at Carl's house. It was a frustrating visit for my mom, in that she can't pick Ellie up yet following her shoulder surgery. But hopefully by later in the summer she'll be back in action and able to pick up her growing grandbaby. Even without carrying Ellie around, my mom had fun playing with her and also spoiled her with some new clothes! Thanks, mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment