Monday, May 9, 2011

Feeling pampered

Brian and Ellie gave me such a great Mother's Day this past weekend. I told Brian he's going to be hard-pressed to top it at next year's holiday... but he's welcome to try :)
Some of the highlights included:


  • French toast breakfast

  • A family run (which was fun because we all did it together)

  • Brian getting some stuff done on our bathroom project and also mowing the lawn!

  • And then an outing of my choosing

We went to Shades State Park. It's about an hour south of Lafayette and my favorite Indiana pizza place is conveniently located on the way there. We stopped and got one to-go and had a picnic dinner in the park.







And then we hiked one of the short trails before heading back home. We'll have to go back and explore more when we have more time and haven't run six miles the same day!

(p.s. Yes, I'm wearing a shirt that says "Coach Mom" I found it on sale for $2 and couldn't resist!)

Ellie seemed to enjoy the new backpack we inherited from Jim and Sandy. I made Brian carry it since I pushed the jogging stroller earlier.

It was just about the perfect Mother's Day, topped off with a gift card for a massage and facial from Brian and Ellie. Good thing I have a month to plan an equally great Father's Day celebration...

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, you said pizza? Where is this favorite pizza place of which you speak?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bad... it's called Johnny Provolones, located down in Crawfordsville. Very, very delish!

    ReplyDelete