Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Paavo weekend

While mom and dad split a marathon this past weekend... Ellie got her workout dancing at the finish line with her shadow :) Also, can't believe the weather merited a sweatshirt and pants combo. What a gorgeous morning we had this past Saturday for the Paavo Nurmi marathon, which Brian and I ran as a two-person relay. Ben and Candice ran the whole thing, and won it (!) for the 7th year and 2nd year, respectively.

After running the first half of the race, I was happy to hang out with my girls at the finish.

And Ben apparently still had enough energy for giving his niece a ride after running his 26.2 in 2:34:50.... still shaking my head in amazement.



The runners! (...and Ellie)

Back at Overlook, Katie enjoyed some play time with Grandma Lewis... or as Ellie called her, "one of the other grandmas." She was a bit confused by having my mom, Aunt Pat (my mom's sister) and grandma Lewis all around at the same time. Too many grandmas? never!


Not enough aunts and uncles (since most of my siblings couldn't make the trip), but we sure enjoyed the visit with Ben and Candice! Had a great time celebrating their wins in the race!

And grandma got some great time in with Ellie and the rest of us.


Oh, and we rounded out the trip with a stop at Paul Bunyan's cook shanty in Minoqua, where they serve plenty of greasy breakfast fare and fresh donuts. It was amazing. Great trip!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's so awesome that you guys run...and even more awesome that you run as a whole family!

    ReplyDelete