Monday, September 14, 2009

A visit from grandma

We had a visit from Brian's mom last week. Ellie was able to get some quality time with grandma and I was able to get some things done... i.e. a long overdue haircut. Brian and I also went out to dinner Friday night while Linda watched Ellie. It was one of the first meals we've had since Ellie was born where we were both able to eat at the same time. It seems like Ellie times her crying for whenever Brian and I are about to sit down to lunch or dinner... so one of us usually has to rush through eating while the other holds her, and then we switch off. It was really nice going out and having some adult-only time, but I got a preview of how hard it's going to be for me to leave Ellie at day care. I was really surprised at how much I missed her in just the 90 minutes we were out. I can't imagine what it will be like to be away from her for 8 hours.
On that subject, I also got some bad news last week about my maternity leave. My insurance company is only going to approve me for a six-week absence, not the nine weeks my doctor requested. The company has a set policy of six weeks for regular delivery and eight for c-sections, so there's no real leeway. This means I would have to take three weeks unpaid to stretch my leave time out to 12 weeks (including the three weeks of vacation time I've saved and plan to take). Brian and I can't afford to lose that much income... so I will have to return to work earlier than I planned :(
Looks like Ellie and I only have a month together left at home, so I'm trying to make the most of it. I love this little girl! Here are some recent pics.



Radar likes "tummy time" on the play mat more than Ellie does...

No comments:

Post a Comment