Friday, December 18, 2009

3 is better than 2...

"I'm never going shopping without you again."
That's what Brian said to me on the phone the other day after he had to go shopping for funeral clothes. He did pretty well, getting a nice button-up shirt and a new pair of dress slacks. He even found a new belt, since his old one had great timing and broke while he was out of town.
But I had to laugh when he told me the story of trying on clothes and asking two random women in the store if the shirt fit. (And this was after he texted me a picture of the shirt to see if the color was good or not!) Thankfully the "random women" told him the first shirt he tried on looked too big and he found a smaller size. But even after soliciting advice, he had to model his new pants for me last night (after he'd already worn them...) to see if they did in fact look all right. They were great ;)
And I can't fault Brian for wanting the second opinion. I felt a little bit lost during the days he was gone. Ellie is great to have around, but she's not chiming in (yet) on whether my outfit fits OK or what we should make for dinner. And just keeping up with Ellie during the first half of the week, left a lot of other stuff around the house unattended. We're a great team. And while I'm glad that Brian could support his family in person earlier this week, it's good to have him home!

No comments:

Post a Comment