Monday, December 21, 2009

Daddy is 30!

SOMEBODY is turning 30 years old on Dec. 22! I'll give you a hint... it's not Ellie.
Just a year ago, before Brian's 29th birthday, we were traipsing around Italy on our first world-traveling adventure. Wait, is "traipsing" the right word for walking around after having wine with every meal? :)
The time leading up to Brian's 30th birthday was different, but no less exciting. Sure, we go to bed most nights now before 10 p.m. And, yes, more of our conversations revolve around poop and puke. But I think Brian would agree that Ellie is the best present he got all year!
I've told Brian 30 isn't old anymore. (It's the new 25!) But I might need some reminding of that in 21 months when I hit the milestone... Actually, I don't think Brian is having too much trouble with this birthday. It's just another number. And he loves to point out: "There's only one alternative to getting older, and it's not a good one."
Happy birthday, Brian and daddy! Lots of love, Dorothy and Ellie




No comments:

Post a Comment