Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Stairway Picture

I'm a little late on this topic, but wanted to share a couple more pictures from Thanksgiving weekend. Ellie got to meet all of her cousins and was adored by most of them. Watching the older kids play together got me very excited for when Ellie will be old enough to join in the fun — and shenanigans!
When I was younger, my parents used to make all of us kids do a stairway picture at the holidays. We did the picture every year until we all got too big to fit on the stairs! I remember years when we were outright mad about taking the picture, probably because our parents withheld presents until we all sat nicely on the stairs. I guess that was the only way to solicit cooperation from kids that wanted to run in 10 different directions. But even though the pictures seemed like a pain at the time, I'm thankful to have those memories preserved. It's fun to look back at the different years and see us all growing (and changing hair styles!)
I was very excited that my cousins and siblings decided to starting the tradition with the next generation of kids at Thanksgiving this year. Our first attempt wasn't perfect... as evidenced below.... One cousin, Ila, wouldn't even get in the picture. But we'll keep trying!

At least Ellie was cooperative this year. (The whole lack of mobility thing helps.) And Alora and Jay were happy to ham up the picture with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment