Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Honk, honk

I've got one to add to the list of things you never want to hear through the baby monitor: The honking of your car alarm going off.
That's what happened to me last night. Five times.
The problem actually started Sunday night, when we heard my car alarm going off spontaneously. We can't figure out the trigger, but I think a call to the dealer/mechanic is in order. (Sigh.)
Last night when I first heard the car alarm going off, Brian and I were sitting in the front room of the house (far from the driveway in the back of the house). Ellie was in much better earshot from her bedroom, but luckily she did not wake up. After realizing what that obnoxious noise was coming from through the monitor, I ran to get my keys, went to the back window and frantically pressed the alarm button to make it stop.
I was much less amused the second time it happened... and by the fifth time, approaching midnight and much past my bedtime, I was downright mad.
As I trudged down the stairs to press the button again, with no contacts in my eyes or socks on my feet, I was not thinking happy thoughts. I lifted the key remote up to the window and pressed the button. Nothing happened, so I pressed it again. Still nothing. Holding the keys about three inches from my face, I suddenly realized I'd been pressing the trunk release button. S*&!#
I decided that sleep was more important at that point than whatever was in my trunk... turned off the alarm and went back to bed.
Good thing there wasn't a snowstorm here over night... oh wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment