Monday, February 1, 2010

Horse: Cart, wait up!

I was organizing some of Ellie's stuff yesterday and came across a rubber ducky. She has a half dozen of these — pink, yellow, big and small. I'm not sure if the ducks are mating or what... but we're not going to run out any time soon.
I decided that the time had come for her to make use of at least one! At bath time, I got her in the infant tub and started washing. After the work was done, I excitedly handed over her pink duck.
Ellie grabbed it with both hands. She held it looked up at me, as if asking: "Now, what?" She looked at it again briefly, then set the duck down on her belly and went back to trying to eat the washcloth.
I realized then that there was no extra room in the tub for her toy! Our chunky girl fills that infant tub pretty full, but isn't quite ready for bathing in regular tub yet. She'll get there soon, and no doubt be demanding a tub full of toys before long.
To follow up on my jumping of the gun, I had a dream last night that I was waiting in line to rent skis for Ellie. I finally got to the front of the line and was handed a leash (which parents use for young skiers to help them on the slopes)... the leash they gave me for my almost-6-month-old daughter though, was more of a puppy muzzle. Crazy dream. And, don't worry, Ellie won't be hitting the slopes for a while :)

No comments:

Post a Comment