Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter fever

Some in the family had Easter-fever, as evidenced by the haul of gifts and candy we brought back from our trip to St. Louis this past weekend. Thanks to the grandparents and great-grandparents for contributing to Ellie's summer wardrobe ... and my sweet tooth :)
However, Ellie ran an actual fever over most of the Easter weekend and generally did not feel well. Here she is running around the neighborhood during one of her healthier moments.
And she and I finally got to enjoy ice cream from the famous Bobby's.

But her fever just wouldn't quit. She took a nap on the couch with daddy on Saturday afternoon.

And by Sunday night we decided it was best to get her home to her own bed, so we left early. I was glad we did on Monday when Brian started coming down with something, too. Would have hated to be on the road when he was hit by chills and other yuckiness. Don't know what's plaguing our house currently, but I hope to avoid it. So far Ellie seems to be on the mend...

It was a disappointing weekend in some regards, but I think Ellie had some fun with everyone. And we really enjoyed getting the visit in. I completely failed on the photo front... not even snapping one shot of her in the Easter outfit (complete with cute new sandals from grandma!)... but maybe we'll do a reprise of the outfit soon!

2 comments:

  1. I am sooo jealous you went to Bobby's. I have over a month before my glorious return (and Colin's first time!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobby's was pretty awesome! Ellie continued to be a weirdo about ice cream, though, and that bite in the picture was just about the only one she would eat. More for me!
    Hope you can make it through the next month ;)

    ReplyDelete