Monday, February 16, 2009

The belly

While I admittedly still have plenty of growing to do, I definitely am showing some baby bump already!
The belly sort of popped out last week, seemingly overnight, and it's starting to look more baby-like. Before, I think I just looked like I'd packed on some post-holiday pounds.
The whole weight gain/changing body part of the pregnancy has been tough for me to handle. It's just been a tough reality for me to realize that I will and should gain some weight over the next six months. I feel like my entire life (well, at least since puberty) has been spent trying to lose weight, so this new reality runs a bit counter.
I've only gained about 3-4 pounds so far in the pregnancy, which my doctor is happy with. I always feared and joked with friends that I would be one of those huge pregnant women — not one of the cute ones that just develops a little belly. I suppose the verdict is still out on that! I understand from reading my books that the weight will start packing on faster now.
But Brian keeps telling me that the pregnancy body changes will be fine. He and most others I've gotten advice from tell me the weight will come off after the baby is born, and I'm starting to believe it.
Of course, I'm sure it will be worth it no matter what the scale says in month 9. It's all about the baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment