Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm... happy/sad/mad?

While I feel sane most of the times these days, there are definitely moments where I step back and think "whoa!" I know that my hormones are going crazy, but that doesn't mean that I realize when they're taking control. There have been many nights that I've laid in bed with Brian and simply said, "Sorry if I was a little nuts earlier." I figure it's a safe bet and better to cover my bases :)
The most frustrating thing with my mood swings is that I don't realize it's happening until it's too late. I'll already be yelling about something or broken down in tears by the time I can step outside myself for a moment and ask, "what the heck is going on?!"
Is the fact that we couldn't agree on a movie to watch really the end of the world? Did the dogs deserve to get screamed at because I didn't wipe their paws off well enough to avoid getting black paw prints all over the dining room carpet?
Apparently so, according to pregnant Dorothy.
I'm hoping the more I talk about the mood swings the more I'll be able to recognize them or even (dare I say it?) ... control them. If not, I'm grateful Brian is such an understanding husband. And to everyone else, my apologies in advance!

1 comment:

  1. well at least you have an excuse to act crazy! what's mine? :-) hugs and kisses to the peach! xoxo

    ReplyDelete