Friday, February 20, 2009

The big surprise

Even before I got pregnant, I knew that I wanted to be surprised at delivery by the sex of the baby. (Hopefully not surprised in a bad way, but just get the news then about whether it's a boy or a girl!) I'm excited about the idea of that moment where the doctor (or the dad) gets to announce: "It's a boy" — or, "It's a girl"...
Brian was not on board with this idea at the start. And, being the generally impatient person he is, still wants to find out the gender at our ultrasound coming up. But luckily he's agreed to go along with the surprise idea! I think it helps that two of our friends recently had babies and waited to find out the sex. So we know not to listen to the criticism of "it's too hard to plan" or "you won't get many shower gifts" if you don't know the sex of the baby.
Yes, we'll have to keep the nursery decor and pre-purchased baby clothes somewhat neutral. But we're OK with that. And I'm really looking forward to that delivery room moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment