Friday, December 9, 2011

Week 31: Oranges

Another week and another positive review at the doctor's office. It seems our little guy is growing fine and has a strong heartbeat. While my weight is up more than I'd like, my blood pressure is fine and no one seems concerned at the doctor's office. I think I'm just one of those women who gains a lot with pregnancy. I'll definitely be up more than the recommended 30 pounds when this is all said and done since I'm already up 29! But I'm still exercising and eating well... so, oh well?
The doc said to make sure I'm monitoring for daily movements from this point on. This little guy is so active that I can't imagine that being an issue!

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment