Friday, December 30, 2011

Week 34 con't

The doctor's visit today helped me put aside fears about showing signs of pre-term labor. She said the baby is definitely head-down already and the pressure from his weight is probably what's causing me so much discomfort. Apparently this is quite common in second and subsequent pregnancies. She checked and made sure I wasn't dilated at all yet (I'm not) and found that my stomach is still measuring normal, as is baby boy's heart rate. All good news.
Only bad news was that there's not much I can do to ease the pains. Tylenol is OK to take but hasn't helped much so far. I'm also supposed to try to find a supportive belly band to help counter some of the gravity of my growing belly. And she said to spend less time on my feet... which isn't too easy to do with a toddler running around and work and trying to get the place ready for baby boy. I'm going to do the best I can, I guess. But I'm not good at sitting around, especially when I keep coming up with things to add to the "to-do" list in my head. I have a hard time letting go of the idea that I can do too much all the time, but I guess the time has come for more delegating to Brian. He's actually insisting on it... so who am I to argue?
The doc also said I should quit running, although walking is still OK. I guess the 667 miles I logged running this year is going to have to do! (I'm pretty proud of that stat since it's higher than my 2010 total and this year included almost 8 pregnant months!)
Anyhow, things are fine and the discomfort I can deal with as long as I know it's not a sign that something's really wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment