Friday, January 27, 2012

Waiting game

One week out from the arrival of Baby No. 2! I always like to add "or less" to that statement, but I don't know how likely it is that I'll go into labor early. I was only dilated a little over 1 cm at my doctor's check this morning, so I've got a ways to go... but given how late in the game we are, I'm definitely ready for our little one to arrive. Unlike with my first pregnancy, I've had some serious bouts of contractions this past week. Nothing regular or concerning, just the body getting ready for the main event. We'll keep you all posted!

Here's the Week 38: Leek update...
Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

P.S. Ellie had gray eyes until she was over a year old, so I'm very interested to see those peepers on our new little guy or gal :)

1 comment:

  1. When we said "one week until the baby is born", she was born the next day! Red hair and blue eyes the day she was born, and nothing has changed. Very excited for you to meet your new little one! :)

    ReplyDelete