Friday, January 6, 2012

Week 35: Honeydew

From the experts this week:

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

Man, they aren't kidding when they talk about the cramped quarters in my belly by this week. Whenever baby boy really starts to get moving, we can see huge lumps of feet, knees, elbows and baby bum bulge out from my stomach. I think it kind of creeps Brian out :)
I've losing steam in these final weeks but trying to take it easy where I can. I have the week off from work but have spent much of it chasing after Ellie. That's OK, though, because I'm trying to soak up as much dedicated Ellie-time in these next few weeks as I can since my hands will be really full when baby arrives. I'm anticipating (and dreading) a tough transition period for our little girl when she has to share mom and dad with the new baby. But I'm counting on the support of family and friends to help get us through.
Thanks so much for all of the offers of help that have already come in. We're truly blessed to be surrounded by so many caring people.

No comments:

Post a Comment