Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My pants...

... don't fit!
If I announced this to Brian, he would wait for more information before reacting. In this case, it's good news (but it isn't always...)
I should preface this post with the fact that Ellie reverted to being more of a "normal" baby last night and woke up hungry twice during the overnight hours. Without wanting to jinx it, Brian and I had still been counting the number of nights in a row that she slept straight through for nine hours or more. She'd done it for more than 10 days straight! Ellie is our little wunderkind. So I couldn't be mad last night when she woke me up at 3 a.m. or again at 5:20 a.m. Ellie was due for some nighttime fussing. And I was happy to love on her and feed her.
It still meant I was tired this morning. Very tired. And the cold, rainy weather didn't help my mood. Then my coffee cup spilled in my car on the way to work. And work stuff started piling up on me as soon as I walked in the door. I was getting a little cranky, to say the least.
But then I had to walk somewhere and I noticed I had to hike my pants up... a lot. I saw in a mirror a short time later that they're baggy in the butt. In fact, I don't look all that great today at all. And I'm thrilled!
You see, these aren't just any too-big pants. These are pants I had to make a special trip out to buy before returning to work. I had to spend good money on pants the next size up because almost none of my old ones fit.
They are my post-baby pants — and they're too big :)
The day is looking up!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And so soon after she was born! I'm surprised you had any extra weight left...You're looking absolutely great in pictures you post!

    ReplyDelete