Saturday, November 28, 2009

A night away?

Brian, Ellie and I are up in Rockford (at my mom's house) for Thanksgiving and my 10-year high school reunion. Brian and I are going to the reunion tonight and my mom is going to babysit. One of my brothers, Dan, lives out near where the reunion is being held and suggested we stay overnight there. Right now that's the plan, but I'll admit I'm nervous about being away from Ellie for a whole night. Brian took a business trip in October, but I've never been away from her for a night. But I'm trying to remind myself that, as with day care, it will probably be more stressful for me than for her. I just hope she's good for her grandma and doesn't cry too much overnight. She's had a couple rough nights this week.... but maybe she's gotten it out of her system :)
We'll see how this goes...

2 comments:

  1. Admittedly, this is coming from someone who hasn't been away from our baby overnight... she (and the two of you) will be just fine. We have been away for a day before -- left early, come back late -- while my mom babysat. Trust me -- as much as you love that little lady, being away from her and having a little alone time between the two of you will do you good. And, it'll just make her that much happier to see you when you get back. And, don't worry about her care... after all, you turned out just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy. Thanks to grandma (and my pump!) it turned out fine, of course :)
    Sometimes this mom stuff is so non-stop, that it was very nice to get a little break.

    ReplyDelete