Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sweet, sleeping baby

A couple nights ago, Ellie woke up at about 5 a.m., a little later than usual, but still about right. As Dorothy wrote later that day, Ellie started sucking her own thumb and fell back asleep, staying out for a total of 9.5 hours.
A fluke, we thought.
Maybe not.
The next night, Ellie needed to eat in the middle of the night, but last night, she didn't wake up. (She eventually woke up. It's not a sad post.)
Dorothy tells me she had to wake Ellie up just before 7 a.m. She surpassed her 9.5-hour sleep.
If this is a sign of things to come, I'm all for it. I used my lack of sleep to justify not going to the gym the last several months. But if Ellie keeps sleeping like this, I'll have no excuses.
I know she'll wake up from time to time. Sleeping through every night is likely a distant memory. But if she did this every other night, it would be awesome.
It's funny how I used to expect a good night's sleep each night. Now, I'd be glad with one every other night.

1 comment:

  1. We know this feeling. It's awesome... then we end up awake wondering -- is he sick? Didn't they say sometimes they don't want to eat when they're sick? Sometimes they sleep a lot more when they're sick, right? We're learning, just like you guys!

    ReplyDelete