Thursday, August 11, 2011

Predictions

The weekly e-mail update I just got on Ellie included a link for "Find out how tall your child will grow up to be..." Curious, I clicked it and entered her height and weight at age 2, and height info on me and Brian. According to this super-scientific (I'm sure) analysis, Ellie is supposed to be 5'9" when she turns 18. Just 16 more years to find out if they're right!

And the baby gender predictions have already begun for #2. We got to hear the heartbeat for the first time at Wednesday's appointment! It was amazing and wonderful. The heart rate was right at 160... so what does that mean? Well, according to random old theories, a fast beat means it's going to be a girl and a slower one means a boy... But I remember Ellie's being all over the board. There's really no evidence to back the theory up, but I guess it's fun to speculate :)
Lots of people have asked us if we're going to find out the baby's gender this time around. And I defer that question to Brian. He's in charge of that particular decision... and he'll have to make up his mind in the next five weeks because we've got an ultrasound scheduled for Sept. 14!! I like the idea of being surprised again, but Brian really wanted to find out last time and was a good sport when I insisted on waiting. I'll be happy either way. Just can't wait to see some pictures of this little one in about a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment