Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Another bat!

I should add that the baby shower was the high point of the weekend... but late Sunday night was the low point, when I discovered a bat at my mom's house! Not something I wanted to encounter for a second time in one week!
After it flew past us in the upstairs hallway, my mom and I both ran into our rooms screaming. Brian got back out of bed and got dressed. He went out into the hall to bat hunt while I alternately yelled to him "be careful" and "just get it out!!"
With the aid of a fishing net and a couple blankets, Brian caught the bat about 5-10 minutes later. He dutifully carried it out of the house and down the block before letting it go.

The next morning Brian and I my mom did a thorough search of the attic to see if they could find any more lurking. None were located, so I'm hoping for my mom's sake that it was the lone bat in the house. And I hope Brian doesn't have to perform any more bat captures for a long time!

I wonder what the baby is making of these huge adrenaline surges in my body?...

No comments:

Post a Comment