Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sent to the store

On his recent visits in town, Dan (my brother) has been helping Brian on our bathroom reconstruction project. It's awesome having the extra hands, since my help in the whole process is limited.
The boys have decided my best role is to run to the store and get them beer. I'm happy to help, but buying beer once you're visibly pregnant is definitely awkward. The first time I did it, I stupidly said to the cashier, "This isn't for me." That statement raised the question of who I was buying the case of Miller Lite for... I told him it was not for some teenager in the parking lot.
On my most recent beer run for the boys, I got up to the counter with my purchase before I realized what I had on. Not only was I the only pregnant woman in the store buying a case of beer, but I was wearing a T-shirt of Brian's that says "Budweiser is good!"
Very classy. Definitely some mom-of-the-year material.




1 comment:

  1. I love it! You're too funny! and you're already mom of the year for having such a good sense of humor! good for you!

    ReplyDelete