Thursday, May 21, 2009

Third trimester!

I'm officially in my third trimester now!
I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going. It's very encouraging to think that the three-month span I have left is the same amount of time that just flew by during this last trimester. Brian and I are going to be holding and loving this baby in no time! (And THAT is a scary reality I'll return to in a later post...)
I'm really am trying to focus on the excitement of being in the home stretch .... and ignore all of the warnings about the discomfort that comes during these next three months. But it's hard when everything I read and hear from others is about how I've got a rough road ahead of me.
I feel pretty lucky about how good I've felt over the past few months. My energy level has been high, my mood swings haven't been too frequent and I've felt good most days.
The nights have already been getting hard to deal with. I'm up for the bathroom several times each night and in between those trips I wake up for various reasons — hip pain, back pain, sweaty-hotness or freezing. I can't say I've gotten up well-rested any time in the past few weeks. I'm guessing it will get worse as the weather heats up and my stomach continues to balloon. But at least Brian and I got the air conditioning fixed in our house over the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment