Friday, March 20, 2009

It's a mango

Week 19 is here and the baby is now mango-sized. He or she is now about 6 inches long and weighs about 8.5 ounces.
I was partly grossed-out and amused by the update this week listed on thebump.com... Here's what it said is going on:
"Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.)"

Even with its new vernix caseosa, I'm feeling the baby kick and poke me a lot these days. It's really cool. And I think the mango has finally started moving further north in my belly, so it's not sitting on my bladder as much. Definitely an improvement. I've been wondering if anyone in the office has started a daily pool on the number of trips I take to the bathroom each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment