Monday, March 23, 2009

So much love

Brian and I went to Rockford this weekend to visit my family. We got to see three of the four siblings and our niece and two nephews.
We spent much of Saturday night and Sunday sitting around talking and monitoring "the kids" as they played together.
It was great to spend time with the kids and laugh at all their silliness. But I was so sad when we had to leave town on Sunday. I started thinking about how much I love those kids, even though I only get to see them a dozen or so times a year. The love of an aunt is fierce, so I can only imagine how much stronger it will be when I become a mother.
I've had friends try to describe that instant bond they feel when their baby is born. I gather it's hard to put into words. But I'm starting to understand what it will be like. Every time I feel a poke or kick inside my stomach I feel a twinge of it.
I think it's some combination of excitement, happiness, fear, nerves and pride. And, of course, a ridiculous amount of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment