Thursday, March 5, 2009

Looking good

I'm still waiting to feel some movement in my belly, and it may still be a few weeks. But the physical evidence of baby is definitely already here.
I've only put on five pounds so far in the pregnancy. But the body changes have been enough that I'm having trouble even fitting into my "fat jeans." And starting a couple weeks ago all of my sweaters and shirts were suddenly too short!
So I've made a couple trips shopping for maternity clothes. In general I enjoy any excuse to shop. But I'll admit I wasn't too excited about the prospect of spending money on tent-like shirts and elastic-waisted pants. I didn't think I'd be able to find anything cute, and I assumed it would cost a bundle.
Well, I was wrong on the fashion end. There are a LOT of cute maternity clothes out there. And I've been able to find some stuff that looks pretty good, if I do say so myself. Some of it I may keep wearing after the baby is born!
The prices are high, I guess because the maternity clothes companies know that you don't have many other alternatives. But I've also discovered the unofficial sisterhood of pregnant women and moms. A friend of mine lent me a whole bag of her old maternity clothes. I was able to pick up 5-6 pairs of pants to wear over the next five months for my favorite price: free!
It's more fun now that I'm starting to look more pregnant. And having clothes to wear that actually fit me makes a world of difference in my attitude :)

No comments:

Post a Comment