Thursday, April 30, 2009

Well read

The book club I'm in has an awesome practice of showering its mothers-to-be with baby books. My turn came last night when I hosted the group for this month. I got some great books from friends in the group, including Where the Wild Things Are, Alphabet Soup, Chicken with Rice and I am a little panda.
Some of the titles are new to me, but I'm very excited to share them with the baby after looking through the beautiful pictures and stories. Thanks so much for starting our baby's library, ladies!
Of course, Brian and I also have our own favorite childhood storybooks that we're looking forward to registering for or purchasing. I hope that reading will be a big part of our daily routine with the baby, from early on.

In other news, I'm now in week 25 and the papaya has grown to the size of an eggplant! He or she will soon top the scales at 2 lbs... which doesn't quite account for the rest of the weight I've put on ;) Also new this week, is that Brian is supposed to be able to hear the baby's heartbeat just by putting his ear to my belly. We're going to try it out tonight and I'll report back!

No comments:

Post a Comment