Friday, June 5, 2009

Fun weekend

With all the recent stress, I'm psyched that Brian and I are getting away and having a little fun this weekend. We both have today off and are headed up to the Indiana Dunes, where I plan to nap on the beach in my new zero gravity chair. We're also swinging by an outlet mall up there. The main purpose is to find new dress shoes for Brian, but I'm hoping we can make a quick trip into one of the baby clothes stores... could be dangerous! We are getting so many great hand-me-downs, but I still want to pick out a couple cute outfits for our new addition.
After today's low-key outing, we're continuing on to Grand Rapids, Mich., tomorrow to attend cousin Kate's wedding. We'll get to see lots of family and it should be a great time.
Don't worry, I still plan to take it easy. We went in to see my OB yesterday and she said everything looks good with baby. The heart rate isn't elevated, which means even though I've been having trouble getting enough air in recent days the baby seems to be getting plenty. With the pneumonia clearing up, I should have a little easier time breathing. But the baby's sitting high and crowding my lungs, so it's going to be a bit uncomfortable for awhile.
The doc said I need to keep getting rest and really limit my physical activity to kick this illness. I guess that means sitting out the Chicken Dance at the wedding. Darn. But I'll make that sacrifice for our little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment