Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The skinny

Thought that post title would be ironic... but here's what we found out from our visit to Dr. George this afternoon:

Yes, it's a big baby. She wants to take another look at its size when we do an ultrasound around week 36. If it's nearing the 9-10 pound mark, doc says we're not even going to talk about doing a vaginal delivery. She said there are too many complications that could come up from trying to deliver a baby that size the regular way and I could end up needing a C-section even after trying.

If the baby keeps growing like a weed, she'll want to schedule a C-section. But she didn't move up my due date and said even with a C-section she wouldn't want to take the baby before week 39. I asked about whether I could be induced early if the baby is big and it's a possibility, but we'll have to see if my body starts preparing for delivery when that time comes.

So we're still in wait-and-see mode. I guess we'll know more in five weeks. I'm getting pretty anxious to meet our little one — and to be done with carrying around these extra pounds! But considering how much we still have left to get ready around the house, I guess it's good we're not too far ahead of schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment