Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Nervousness with the tech

Just to let people know, this is Brian again, hacking into the blog.
Dorothy and I get excited about the ultrasound days because we get to actually see the baby. But each time we've done this, I've left the doctor's office with a pit in my stomach.
The tech is about as friendly as a rock. She hardly talks, and her comments are made in a monotone voice that I just can't figure out.
Tech: I'm going to make sure the baby's heart walls are looking good.
Me: (after a few seconds) How do they look?
Tech: OK.
What the hell does that mean? Are they actually OK, or does she just not want to tell me that my child's heart might explode at any moment. Are intonation and inflection too much to ask?
Like Dorothy said in an earlier post, we go to the doctor tomorrow, so hopefully we'll get some answers to those questions.
On an unrelated note, as soon as Dorothy posts the pics, you'll have to agree that the baby looks like a boy. I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment