Thursday, June 25, 2009

You know you're hugely pregnant when...

I'm sure this list could grow and grow, but I started thinking about it last night when I had to do some personal grooming. So here goes...

• You have to schedule a block of time to shave your legs. It's not easy reaching those ankles anymore! And it doesn't help that we've only got a stall shower in commission right now, so I had to balance on the edge of the bathroom sink last night. All in all, a very attractive and time-consuming process.
• Can go to the bathroom in the lobby on the way into the doctor's office and then still be able to pee in a cup a few minutes later in the doctor's office. Thanks for the bladder dance, baby.
• Can set things on the belly. Or, conversely, can't avoid getting stains on the belly. I love it when I don't even see all the crap I've gotten on the belly of my shirts until I take them off at the end of the day.
• Grunt every time I have to lower myself into the car, into bed, onto the toilet, etc...
• Crossing my legs while sitting is no longer an option because my huge belly gets in the way of my huge thigh. Have I mentioned how attractive I'm feeling these days?
• Feel my wedding rings getting tighter by the day. I remember last summer I thought about getting them sized-down and now I'm afraid of losing circulation in my ring finger.
• Can't tell when my belly is hanging out of my shirt or above my pants. It certainly doesn't feel drafty in this heat! And I would describe looking down these days as looking over the edge of a very steep black diamond ski run. When you can't even see the bottom, you know it's bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment