Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A place

"Are you ready for the baby?"
That's the number one question that Brian and I have been getting asked recently by everyone we meet. I'm not really sure how to answer, since there are so many different areas of "preparedness" to consider. Are we mentally prepared? Financially ready? Am I physically ready to give birth? And, do we have the house prepared for a baby?
I don't know the answers to some of those questions. But I'm happy to report that the baby's crib is now fully assembled and decked out in new, washed baby bedding. Look at how cute it turned out!!

Our current plan is to have the baby start out in the crib. We talked about using a cradle in our room at the beginning, but there's not much room to fit it next to our bed and we're not sure it makes sense with the nursery being only an extra 5 steps from our bedroom door.
When I've told some people about this plan, I've been told (in so many words) that we should reconsider because it's nice having the baby by the side of the bed, especially for breastfeeding purposes. And maybe our plans will change once we get our little one home and see how things are working. But for now I'm very excited to see this beautiful nursery taking shape.
We may not have all the money we need or have total confidence in what we're going to do as parents, but at least our baby's place in the home is ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment