Thursday, April 9, 2009

Belly seesaw

While my waistline continues to expand, I have to give props to Brian for his recent success in shrinking his own.
Brian has been trying to eat healthier and stick with a workout routine since the start of the year. And he's had an easier time at his new job avoiding unhealthy snacks, i.e. stress eating. About a month ago Brian, ever the competitor, got extra motivation when he and friend began a "weight loss challenge."
So at the recent Month 1 weigh-in, Brian was down 9 lbs! And he's lost even more than that since the start of the year. I think something like 15-20 pounds. He's ecstatic!
Another contributor to Brian's success is the disappearance of alcohol from our regular routines. He still has the occasional beer (and one binge!), but for the most part he's tea-totaling like I am.
I've joked that he's going to give me a complex if his waist shrinks to smaller than mine, but really I'm his biggest champion in this effort. I've always loved him no matter what the scale says, but I also have worried about his health at times.
I can already tell that his energy level is up, and he's even more excited about exercise (as it gets a little easier).
Brian's shooting for a PR at the half marathon this weekend. I just know he's gonna do it. And while baby and I are happily lagging behind in the race, we'll be cheering him on!

No comments:

Post a Comment